Work on internal control will continue in 2008
To summarise the main work discussed in this report, Neopost will focus in particular on the following issues:
- reviewing accounting and financial internal control practice, in the light of control objectives described in the Application Guide accompanying the AMF Reference Framework;
- introducing internal cross-auditing between subsidiaries and, in 2008, having internal audits of specific processes carried out by external consultants;
- updating identification of the major risks by process, particularly by focusing on other subsidiaries;
- reviewing best audit committee practice as identified by the IFA with respect to Neopost’s current practice, with a view to the likely transposition of European Union Directive 2006/43/EC into French law in 2008;
- integrating newly-acquired companies, particularly with respect to applying Group procedures.